Green Life Smart Life™ has named the technology partners who will assist in creating the path to LEED®-H Innovation and Design points for Energy Management, Energy Monitoring and Green Wiring. With energy efficiency as the foundation to the selection process, every electronic device was reviewed in terms of annual wattage, load requirements and integration with other subsystems before finally approved by the integration and design team. The home has been structurally wired for a state-of-the-art whole house video, music, lighting, security and Internet but uses 50% less wire and materials than a project of comparable size of scope, making it both eco-friendly and efficient.
The Green Life Smart Life home will feature the latest in lighting and HVAC control, security and surveillance, energy management and state-of-the art distributed entertainment. Project highlights include:
- An overall home control, energy management and entertainment solution provided by Control4. Utilizing the Control4® Operating System to consolidate into one platform and automate major subsystems such as lighting, HVAC, security and climate control, the Control4 platform will use a ZigBee enabled device to bridge data from the utility meter to the home control system. This energy management solution will feature:
- Load shedding allowing homeowners to power down high energy consuming appliances during non-use period and schedule down times for max efficiency.
- Single button trigger solutions for easy programming of sequenced power on and off scenarios throughout the home, including a “green” feature.
- Communication system to monitor feedback from all electricity loads in the house with real-time analysis of usage and savings.
- Occupancy, temperature, magnetic, and timed sensors as well as a self-activated “away” mode every time the security system is armed to ensure maximum energy efficiency, especially when the home is empty.
- Integral in minimizing the home’s energy consumption, Lutron HomeWorks lighting control system will be programmed to include a high-end trim of 85% for every connected light in the house and features automatic control of motion and occupancy sensors.
- From music to movies and pictures to TV programming, the home will feature the latest in entertainment technology from Control4 and include an n9 Media Center server from Niveus Media.
- Whole home audio means all of your music is centralized. The home will manage their music via the NuVo Essentia E6G, the first and currently only whole home audio system to earn the coveted ENERGY STAR® rating.
- Security and surveillance means safety for your family – Green Life Smart Life will incorporate Black & Decker automated locks through Control4 for complete protection of the home.
- The three flat panels in the house will be affixed to the wall with OmniMount’s new OmniLite Series™ mounts – made from recycled materials and using minimal component parts without sacrificing quality or safety.
- Wired to meet the standards of the CEA TechHome Rating System, Leviton’s structured wiring solutions allowed the home to be outfitted for current as well as future needs.
- To help earn LEED points in Indoor Air Quality, an H-P Products’ VACUFLO system with Hide-A-Hose will be installed in the home.
From centralizing the control hub to eliminating hundreds of feet wiring to specifying low-VOC conduit for future accessibility, Robert Saglio Audio Video, in cooperation with the builder and homeowners, will help create standards for future electronic systems installers to potentially achieve LEED-H points and ensure that the homeowners reach their optimal energy consumption goals.
Filed under: Control, Entertainment, Green, Smart Home | Tagged: Black & Decker, Control4, energy efficiency, energy management, Green, Green Life Smart Life news, green tech, H-P Products Inc, Leviton, lighting control, Lutron, Niveus Media, OmniMount, Robert Saglio Audio Video, Smart Home, tech |